100% pure, natural, organic Australian bees wax from our own hives.
- Photos are of actual product. No colouring or bleach has been added
- Gently heated in order to preserve the natural aroma and colour
- No chemicals or antibiotics used what-so-ever
- Not blended with low quality oils or paraffin (or anything for that matter!)
- Comes from our disease-free apiary
Beeswax is perfect for
- Waxing plastic foundation
- Waxing flow frames
- Waxing native bee hives
- Re-usable Food wraps
- Cheese wax
- Furniture polish
- Hair and cosmetic products
- Shoe polish
- Surfboard wax
- Loads more uses!
Australia is the only continent in the world without varroa mite. There are some nasty chemicals used to control and manage varroa overseas. Australia has some very relaxed rules on importing bee products and even if you are buying from an Australian seller, theres a possibility you are buying imported wax. We guarantee this is 100% pure, organic Australian bees wax.
Did you know?
- Bees secrete wax scales from four pairs of glands on their abdomen.
- The ability of worker bees to produce wax increases gradually from birth and peaks when the bees are 12 to 18 days old.
- Each wax scale takes about four minutes to prepare.
- Each cell is made from about 16 scales.
- 100 grams of wax requires 125,000 wax scales.
- Bees need to consume about 750g of honey to produce 100g of beeswax.
- Wax can only be secreted at temperatures between 33 and 36°C
- Beeswax is composed of more than 300 different chemical compounds.
- Colour is influenced by the age of the comb and pollen. It can range from white to yellow to orange.
- Beeswax melts at 62-64°C
- The flash point of beeswax is 204°C